Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tell Those Birds: This Playset is Not a Potty!

Keeping Poop off the Playset
Our backyard playset used to be continually covered in bird droppings. Everyday I was using wipes before putting our kids on the swings or letting them down the slide. Two years ago my uncle offered an inexpensive, easy, environmentally friendly solution.
Attach pinwheels over the swings and slides. It looks pretty and it stops the birds from perching and pooping over the playset. I have been amazed at how well it works. I've had to replace the pinwheels each year, but at a dollar a pinwheel and a few bucks for some waterproof medical tape to attach, it cost less than I was spending on wipes. I consider it money well spent.

Pinwheels over our playset have completely eliminated the problem – or almost. "Yucky" my littlest says as she purposefully puts her hand in the bird poop on our porch stairs. Hmm, guess I need to figure out how to hang some more pinwheels.

Cara
www.CaraAboutYou.com